The Northern Elite Football League representatives met again virtually this weekend to discuss the 2020 season.
At this point, we have decided to postpone the season one month. Player, fan, & staff safety is still a top priority which makes things skeptical for a 2020 season, but we are willing to hold out a month longer for recommendations from the State Health Departments along with the CDC. League officials will meet a final time June 6th to determine if the season is canceled or if we move forward starting July 11th.
One of the biggest challenges for teams in our league will be field availability. Rentals may be more difficult this season with some schools closed until August.
We will also have to look at the recommendations for large gatherings, and may have to play without fans this season.
Stay tuned to our website as things progress.