We're over halfway through the season, but still a month away from the playoffs. As things tighten up, let's take a look at Current Standings and how things might shake-up.
1. Sioux City Stampede (5-0) - First Round Bye, home-field throughout
Sioux City has games with the current #2 & #3 seed which could mean there will still be lots of movement.
2. Northland Bulls (3-1) - First Round Bye
Northland still has games against the Warriors & Stampede, so could move into the #1 spot with wins.
3. St Paul Pioneers (3-1) - Host #6 in first round
St Paul could move to #1 if they win-out and have the Bulls drop a game.
4. Fox Valley Force (3-2) - Host #5 in first round
Fox Valley is currently in a good position to host a playoff game with a favorable schedule remaining.
5. Fargo Invaders (3-2) - Travel to #4 in first round
Fargo has a favorable schedule remaining, but will need some help to move up from #5. Even if Invaders win-out they could drop to #6.
6. Hudson Thunderhawks (2-2) - Travel to #3 in first round
It's a challenging road ahead, but the Thunderhawks control their own playoff destiny. Winning-out could propel them to #2.
7. Minneapolis Warriors (2-2) - Miss Playoffs
As of now - with only 4 games - the Warriors sit at #7, if they win-out they could be the #2 seed.
8. River City Rough Riders (2-3) - Miss Playoffs
With 3 losses already, the Rough Riders may need to win-out to get into the playoffs.
9. Med City Freeze (1-3) - Miss Playoffs
Med City would have to win-out and get help to make the playoffs, with the most difficult remaining schedule in the NEFL.
10. Minnesota Vipers (1-4) - Miss Playoffs
With 210 points given up & 4 losses, it would take a lot to happen for the Vipers to make the playoffs in their first season.