Things can not be any closer in the #2-#5 Range.. 5 Points Against separates 4 teams with 1-week to play!
1. Sioux City Stampede (6-1) - First Round Bye, home-field throughout
Sioux City lost their first game of the year, but would need to give up 42 points against the Bulls to move out of the #1 position. It's very likely the Playoffs will go through Sioux City win or lose next week.
2. Fox Valley Force (5-2) - First Round Bye
A shutout gives the Force the #2 seed in the playoffs; giving up a Touchdown could drop the Force to #5 which would mean a road trip the following weekend. The Force would need to lose by more than 42 to fall out of the playoffs, so at this point it's more of a matter what seed will they end up.
3. Minneapolis Warriors (5-2) - Host #6 in first round
The Warriors are 4 points Against away from being the #2 seed, but 1 point Against from being the #5 seed. There is a lot to be determined next week. If the Pioneers & Warriors tie in Points Against, Warriors win the head to head tiebreaker.
4. St Paul Pioneers (5-2) - Host #5 in first round
The Pioneers are 4 points Against away from being the #2 seed, but 1 point Against from being the #5 seed. There is a lot to be determined next week. If the Pioneers & Warriors tie in Points Against, the Warriors win.
5. Fargo Invaders (5-2) - Travel to #4 in first round
Fargo plays the Vipers, but even a Shut out could net them a Road Game in the first round. The Invaders will need some help from the Thunderhawks (vs Pioneers), Freeze (vs Warriors), & Rough Riders (vs Force) to move up from #5.
6. Northland Bulls (5-2) - Travel to #3 in first round
Win and In. If Northland can defeat the Stampede, they're in the playoffs. Giving up 20 points against the Freeze puts them at risk to miss the playoffs with a loss. If the Rough Riders defeat the Force and give up 12 less points than Northland, the Bulls will be watching playoffs from home.
7. River City Rough Riders (4-3) - Miss Playoffs
A shutout vs the Thunderhawks would have put them within 1-point of the Bulls (who still face the Stampede), but the Rough Riders were able to get 10-points closer to a potential playoff birth. River City Needs to Win, and hope the Bulls defeat the Stampede to get in.
Though the below teams have been eliminated from the 2018 playoffs, all 3 teams can play Spoiler in Playoff Seeding & determining the #2 through #5 seeds.
8. Hudson Thunderhawks (2-5) - Eliminated
9. Med City Freeze (1-6) - Eliminated
10. Minnesota Vipers (1-6) - Eliminated
**Corrected based on 7/16 league call with all teams & Administration Board.
There were questions around tie-breakers, specifically 3-way tiebreakers; with 2 proposals.
1. Once you start a 3-way tiebreaker, finish ALL 3 seedings with that tiebreak.
Example: If going to Points Against, seed all 3 teams via Points Against
2. Similar to NFL, fill each Seed from Top to Bottom using the tiebreaking system. Start over with each seed.
Example: Fill highest seed in a 3-way tie using tiebreakers, and then for the next seeding restart the Tiebreak rules; head to head to split the 2-way remaining tie.
Proposal #2 was Voted Yes 9 to 1. And will be used to break ties.